Service User Engagement event – 28 June 2017 – London
Our annual event this year has the theme of service user engagement. Some of our members will be speaking about how they involve service users in the running of their organisations. We will also hear from a few services users about their experiences of being involved in the design, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of projects at their organisations.
We recently conducted an audit with our members on their engagement with service users. The key messages from the audit were:
- 13 organisations have a strategy document or statement that refers to their engagement with service users.
- 15 organisations have a committee for their service users.
- 12 organisations have a service user on their Trustee/Governance Board one on their Board..
- 35 organisations (90%) engage service users in the design and delivery of their services. 22 organisations (just over half) engage service users in the monitoring of their services. And 36 organisations (92%) engage service users in the monitoring of their services.
- 31 organisations (79%) have paid or voluntary staff that used to be service users at their organisation. Not all of these organisations were able to say how many they have, but we are able to say that there are well over 100 ex-service users working at these 31 organisations.
- The majority of the organisations (92%) ask for feedback from service users on an exit report.
We look forward to welcoming you to our event.