Chances to Change
We want to see holistic, gender specific approaches for women who present with vulnerabilities and complex needs (including those impacted by the criminal justice system) integrated into local mainstream provision; thereby contributing to a significant improvement in the health and well-being of women and their families and a reduction in the number of women coming into contact with the criminal justice system.
We will achieve this vision by focusing on two areas:
- Keeping close to the needs and aspirations of our member organisations and developing the tools and delivering the support that are a priority for our member organisations
- Acting as the strongest voice and advocate to influence policy making and delivery through collaboration with other strategic agencies and organisations
What our members say
Feedback from our members (Members Survey 2016) evidences that Women’s Breakout has been an essential and highly valued support for the Women’s Community Services and in particular, our members’ value:
- Women’s Breakout representing the sector and keeping the issue of women offenders in the eyes of commissioners.
- The circulating of highly targeted, specific, useful information.
- Confidence that Women’s Breakout is a reliable source of information.
- Networking and feeling part of something much bigger.