Inspire places clients at the heart of our service and adopts a model of trauma informed, gender responsive, holistic support designed to meet the multiple and complex needs of vulnerable women, diverting them away from Criminal Justice System involvement and into positive futures. Central to our model is enabling women to build resilience and trust through positive relationships. Inspire has supported hundreds of women to turn their lives around through bespoke and integrated support. Inspire works with women at all stages of involvement in the Criminal Justice system: available as part of early intervention, accessing women specific support in Police Custody; through specialist intervention as part of a community order and re-settlement support.
Inspire is partnership with a number of voluntary and statutory agencies with Brighton Women’s Centre as the lead agency.
Women referred to Inspire receive intensive 1:1 input, supporting women address the range of structural challenges in their lives that have lead to their offending. In addition, BWC delivers a range of diverse and integrated activities for women with multiple complex needs. Activities include:
- Service User Involvement
- Counselling as part of the Brighton and Hove Well Being Service
- Peer Support
- Volunteering and Mentoring
- Open Access and Crisis Drop-Ins
- Foodbank and Clothes bank
- Personal Development Courses, including anger management, mindfulness, self esteem boosting, anxiety management
- Therapies including Holistic, Dance Movement Psychotherapy, BreatheSmart
- Trauma Informed groups
- Gender specific support to homeless and insecurely housed women across Sussex
BWC also provide an Ofsted Registered Pre-school alongside our services in recognition of the importance of childcare to supporting women succeed.
72 High Street
Advice and Support / Domestic Violence services / Education and Training / Employment / Health and Wellbeing / Life and Social Skills / Personal / Substance Misuse / Supervising a community order/sentence /