KeyChanges is a not for profit company based in Sheffield and covers Sheffield, Rotherham and Barnsley.
The project is designed to empower and tackle personal and social obstacles, both in custody and upon release. They aim to achieve this by equipping women with the skills and strategies to ensure a successful release plan. They also aim to raise awareness in the community with the use of conferencing to the public to understand the deep rooted issues in society which may lead to offending and other issues women face.
They are able to offer a range of services to women, encompassing the nine pathways.
- Providing a mentoring scheme for the woman inside prison and upon release.
- Helping to settle back into the community
- Help to access and maintaining accommodation
- Self help groups such as improving confidence and image consultancy
- Practical help groups such as helping to set up in self employment
- Offering voluntary placements
- Helping to gain employment
- Inspirational speaking to young women
- Motivational speaking to raise awareness of those in the criminal justice system to the public.
KeyChanges – Unlocking Women’s Potential currently runs it’s mentoring scheme within HMP Newhall.
1-11A Elm Lane
Advice and Support / Life and Social Skills / Life Skills / Mentoring /